Single Speed, Double Reduction Gearbox
The same old two stage gearboxes teams have come to know and love. This is the latest and greatest update to the basic layout John V-Neun & Paul Copioli created for the original "Kit Transmission" included in the FRC kit of parts in 2005. After years of iteration, this gearbox has several subtle features which add to its superior performance.
Plastic Housings, Aluminum Shafts and Aluminum Gears provide for a lightweight package. The specific transmission layout and ratio selections allow for an extremely small form factor, without a lot of complexity!
- Designed for use with 2 CIM Motors
- Use the Optional Replacement Second Stage Gears to change ratios
- AGMA 11 quality gears with teflon infused ceramic coating
- Housing is completely enclosed - keeps metal chips out, grease in
- Designed to work with Grayhill 63R series encoder (coupler required)
- Can be adapted for any encoder with a 1/4" male shaft
- Assembly Required, see instructions below
- Encoders and Motors not included
These gear ratio options were specifically chosen to give designers variability within a few key speed ranges; helping them get their gearing exactly where they want it to be.
217-2454: Standard Option
Optional Second Stage Gearset 34/20
Optional Second Stage Gearset 30/24
|Outputs||Output: 1/2" Hex|
|Specification||Gears require lubrication. We recommend white lithium grease or DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant|