Limelight 2+ Vision Camera
Limelight is a plug-and-play smart camera purpose-built for FIRST Robotics Competition. No experience required - we will teach you exactly how to add vision to your robot. Limelight is easy enough for teams with no vision experience or expert mentors, and powerful enough for experienced teams who need a reliable, competition-ready vision solution.
Limelight saves precious time during the build-season. Get tracking in one session with three cables, four screws, and a small amount of code in any language. Limelight takes care of the rest. Many customers have reported setup times of less than one hour.
Adding vision to an FRC robot isn't really about code. If you've ever tried integrating vision, you know that it mostly involves a number of build-season-eroding tasks. Limelight takes care of all of them, and gives you time to focus on applying vision.
Availability: In Stock
- Tracking Speed: 90fps
- Tracking Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Field-of-View: 59.6 x 49.7 degrees
- Dimensions: 3.819 x 2.194 x 0.984 in (97.005 x 53.730 x 25.00 mm)
- Total Latency (Protons -> Robot): 21-25 milliseconds
- Pipeline Latency: 3-7 milliseconds
- Network Tables -> Robot Latency: 0.3 milliseconds
(NT limits bypassed to instantly submit targeting data)
- Tracking Interfaces: Network Tables
- Luminous Flux: 400 lumens
- 60% more light than the standard dual-ring setup
- Illuminance is increased by gloss-finished LED cones
- Constant-brightness LEDs down to 7 volts
Q: How can I detect U-shaped targets?
A: Change the target "fullness" slider
Q: How can I look for groups of targets rather than single targets? (2017, 2018 FRC Challenges)
A: Change the target "grouping" option
Q: How can we aim our robot with an offset? Our shooter curves shots to the left.
A: Line up your shot by hand, then click the "calibrate" button