The Talon SRX offers the latest in smart speed controller technology compressed into a robust, compact package. This latest iteration of the popular Talon platform from Cross the Road Electronics adds support for CAN, additional communication protocols, and integrated PID control.
- Includes support for several communication protocols
- Onboard PID algorithms grant quick access to advanced control
- Compact, lightweight package is ideal for competitive robotics
Availability: In Stock
In addition to support for CAN and other advanced communication protocols, the Talon SRX includes a compilation of smaller features that add up to a robust all-inclusive motor speed controller.
- CAN, SPI, Digital IO, and USART (serial) protocols augment motor speed control with direct sensor feedback
- Onboard closed-loop PID control algorithms make complex motor control accessible to all teams
- Full aluminum case, passive cooling fins, and sophisticated internal components make fans optional
- Completely sealed enclosure prevents debris from getting anywhere it shouldn't be
- Electrically insulated components allow for direct controller mounting to a robot frame with no fear of shorting
- LED indicators blink proportionately to output speed for easier debugging
- Illuminated "Brake / Coast Calibration" button enables one-touch setting changes and calibration
- Robust embedded power & output cables will never shake loose during a match
- Built-in pockets sized for #8 nuts and zip tie grooves make rigid mounting simpler than ever
- Integrated sign-magnitude synchronous rectification reduces heat generation at full motor stall
- 15 kHz output switching frequency ensures smooth and precise motor control
|Victor SPX||Talon SRX||Victor SP|
|Dimensions||2.50” x 1.16” x 0.77”||2.75" x 1.185" x 0.96"||2.5" x 1.125" x 0.875"|
|Weight (Without Wires)||0.12 lb||0.19 lb||0.16 lb|
|Communication Protocols||PWM, CAN||PWM, CAN. SPI,
|Direct Sensor Input||No||Yes||No|
|Min / Max Voltage||6-16V||6-28V||6-16V|
|Surge Current (2 sec)||100A||100A||100A|
|PWM Input Pulse
|1-2 ms nominal||1-2 ms nominal||1 - 2 ms nominal,
0.6-2.4 ms max
|PWM Input Rate
|2.9 - 100 ms||2.9 - 100 ms||2.9 - 100 ms|
|PWM Output Chop Rate
|15 kHz||15 kHz||15 kHz|
0.1% - 25%
0.1% - 25%
|Kit Contents||(1) Talon SRX Motor Controller
Power, Ground, Output, CAN cables come pre-attached
|Outputs||Powers brushed DC motors with variable speed forward, reverse, or off.
Can NOT be used with Brushless motors.
|Material Finish||Black Anodized for superior performance & heat dissipation|
|Size||2.75" x 1.185" x 0.96"
(70mm x 30mm x 24.4mm)